Carrot Cake Breakfast Bites
- 3/4 cup (90 grams) white whole-wheat flour or whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup (55 grams) mild-flavored cooking oil (like canola or melted coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup (75 grams) dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg (50 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (110 grams) shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cups (122 grams) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (40 grams) raisins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease with cooking oil.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
In a separate large bowl, mix together cooking oil, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until well combined. Fold in shredded carrots, flour mixture, oats and raisins and stir gently until just combined.
Using a 1 tablespoon scoop, drop batter by the tablespoonful on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
Cool bites for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Serves: 6 | Serving Size: 4 breakfast bites
Per serving: Calories: 296; Total Fat: 12g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 31mg; Sodium: 239mg; Carbohydrate: 44g; Dietary Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 16g; Protein: 6g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 209mg; Iron: 11%; Vitamin A: 72%; Vitamin C: 3%; Calcium: 4%
Energizing Tips (optional)
- Add in 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes into the batter to increase calories and flavor. (Per serving: Calories: 313; Total Fat: 13g; Carbohydrate: 45g; Dietary Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 15g; Protein: 6g)
- Add in 1/4 cup chopped pecans into the batter to increase calories and healthy fats. (Per serving: Calories: 330; Total Fat: 15g; Carbohydrate: 45g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Sugar: 16g; Protein: 7g)
Brian Brijbag‘s Main Page
Brian Brijbag‘s Resume
Brian Brijbag‘s Southern Chivalry
Brian Brijbag‘s Photo Essay
Brian Brijbag‘s Fitness Page
Brian Brijbag‘s Anthro Page
Contact Brian Brijbag
Need a good laugh??? Take a moment and watch this video!
You must be logged in to post a comment.