Chocolate Cake Paleo Donuts
Yield: 10 Donuts
- 2 cups Otto’s Cassava Flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted grass-fed butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 large organic egg yolks
- 1/4 cup local raw honey
- coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare baking powder using recipe above, if you don’t have any.
- Add cassava flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sea salt and nutmeg to a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- In a small mixing bowl combine coconut sugar and melted butter.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl whisk coconut milk, lemon juice and egg yolks.
- Add butter and egg mixture to the large mixing bowl with all the dry ingredients. Mix well using a hand mixer.
- Add raw honey and use electric hand mixer to combine mixture until slightly wet and completely well combined.
- Coat a donut pan with coconut oil for easy removal once the donuts are done. Using a large spoon, scoop dough into the donut pan. It won’t rise too high so you can keep it level with the top or slightly overfill for a more puffy donut. Transfer tray to the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove donuts from pan and transfer to a baking rack to rest. Reapply coconut oil to pan and empty the rest of the dough into the pan.
- The fudgy goodness of these chocolate cake paleo donuts can be enjoyed warm, straight out of the oven, but they’re also great cold. Store leftovers, if you have them, in a covered baking dish in the fridge.