Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti squash flesh, drained and flaked
- 1 very ripe plantain, mashed (1 cup)
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground mace
- ½ cup applesauce
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1 apple, peeled and diced (1 cup)
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 tbsp gelatin powder
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch/ arrowroot starch
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- The night before: In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti squash flesh, mashed plantain, ground cinnamon, ground mace, applesauce, sea salt, vanilla extract, avocado oil, diced apple and raisins. Cover and refrigerate the spaghetti squash mixture overnight (until ready to bake).
- In another smaller bowl, combine the gelatin powder, tapioca starch/ arrowroot starch, baking soda and cream of tartar. Cover and keep on the countertop.
- The next morning: Preheat the oven to 350ºF/ 177ºC. Remove the spaghetti squash mixture from the refrigerator. Grease a 2.2qt/ 2L glass casserole dish lightly. Add the dry ingredients to the spaghetti squash mixture and stir to combine. Scoop into the prepared glass casserole dish and spread evenly, forming patterns with the tines of a fork.
- Place a sheet of foil beneath the casserole dish to catch any drips while baking and bake for 1 hour, or until lightly browned and bubbly around the edges. Great eaten warm or cold.